Z-Offset Issue using Pi

Hello,
I am new to 3D printing. I have a Robo 3D R1+. I use Matter Control for slicing. I have been using a Rasberry Pi to be able to monitor the printer remotely. When I first set up the Pi I was able to do a few prints just fine. Now when I run the prints directly from Matter Control it is fine. However, when I run though the Pi the Z-offset is not right and it is printing way too high. I do not see a place in Astrobox to change the Z-Offset. Does the Z-Offset get saved in the G-code when I export the file? How can I fix the Z-offset when using the PI.

Thank you,
Lesley Farquhar

Do you have an LCD screen on your machine where you can adjust the ā€œzā€ offset manually?

Hello,

Sorry for the late response.

No we do not have a LCD for the printer.

Lesley Farquhar

I am having the same z offset issue using astro print with my Robo R1+ printer. No I do not have an LCD display attached to my robo printer I built an astrobox so that I could print remotely I have 2 Robo R1+ printers and would love to be able to control and watch them when I am not home. The Z offset definitely needs to come up to about a 4 or 5. it just digs in to my bead and rips the glue right off of it.