Cure 15.04 Infill perimeter sequence issue [SOLVED]

The new Cure 15.04 release includes the option to print the infill before the perimeter. It is set this way as default with the option to select the opposite. This is the opposite of how Cura has ran from day one. If I run Cura on my desktop I can change this. I am not able to change it in the Astroprint cloud slicer. Any chance this can be done. Printing infill before perimeters look terrible in my opinion.

Where can I find this setting in the Cura UI? Also if you know its name in the ini files it would help.

Bottom of the left column. “Infill prints after perimeters”

Missed the title. The version we’re running current is 15.02.1. It looks like that setting was introduced after. We haven’t yet integrated 15.04 into our servers.

That’s very weird because I ran a part Friday and it ran infill first.

It’s possible that the change regarding the order was done first and the option to revert it added later based on feedback

Here is the GCODE from the Astroprint slicer. I cannot convert it to an .ini from Cura but when I pulled it into Simplify 3d and look at the path sequence it is printing infill first.

Slice File

I believe it. What I meant to say is that the version of CuraEngine (the component doing the slicing) running on our servers is 15.02.1. This version does not have a setting to swap the printing order between perimeters and infill.

The change to in order was introduced in 15.02.1 ( or before ) but the setting was not introduced until 15.04. We would need to wait until we’re ready to upgrade our version of CuraEngine before we can add this setting to our advanced settings dialog.

I guess my question is, how did it slice this way if that feature was not introduced until 15.04 and you are running 15.02.1.

Another observation. I just sliced another file, just now, and it did it again but it only starts printing infill first when it gets to spares infill. I am slicing with the default provided “Normal” slice configuration.

I’m not sure myself. I’m guessing the setting to choose the order was introduced after the initial change because some users (such as yourself) didn’t like the change itself.

Oh well thanks. I guess I should be harassing Ultimaker right now instead of you guys.

@John_Hadlock We have upgraded our Cura slicer to 15.04 and the setting you mentioned is now available in the advanced settings dialog. It’s under the Infill tab

Thanks a lot. Is there a reason the default is set to infill before perimeters? Cura has not done that until recently. Why the change. Most slicers do not default to that infill first. I don’t mind checking the box but if I want to use Astroprints default slice settings it will print infill first. Would there be any interest on Astro’s part to have infill after perimeters the default setting?

We are simply using the default that Cura has. I’m not sure why they made that decision, but we want to be aligned with their settings as we upgrade our systems

1 Like