[INTRODUCE YOURSELF] - Welcome to AstroPrint!

Thanks for joining the AstroPrint Forums!

Please feel free to introduce yourself!

Some interesting questions to think about…

1.) Where are you from?
2.) Why are you interested in 3D Printing?
3.) What printer(s) do you use?
4.) How and where did you find out about AstroPrint?

Bonus: What one thing would you do to improve AstroPrint?

Thanks! :blush:

P.S: You can follow us (and get in touch with us anytime) on: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Snapchat.

I am from San Diego, CA :sunny: and I work on Growth for AstroPrint :wink:

I am interested in 3D Printing because I believe that it is an industry/technology that is in it’s infancy with a huge potential for growth. Humans have used their hands to create objects for millions of years (i.e: ancient caveman carving sticks or stones) and 3D Printing (in my mind) is a modern day extension of that same drive to create stuff.

That’s why I am fascinated with the idea of 3D Printing — especially democratizing 3D Printing so anyone is able to have access to it.

Finally, it’s fun as hell, so I can’t complain :blush:

These days, the two main printers I use are: Flashforge Creator Pro and a PrintrBot Simple Metal.

Love them both.

Would love to know where everyone is from and how you guys got into 3D Printing etc… :blush:

hi I’m from the uk own a ctc printer needed the room as missus was moaning with it in the front room so moved it to the garage have got it in a wardrobe enclosed and with blanket printing at 8 degress as abs dont like draughts or cold like designing night vision stuff for people addons for cameras and thermal units plus models of dogs and I love dual printing so having the ability to sit in home but watch prints and send files to printer in the garage has a very large appeal to me I’m waiting to take delivery of a new printer raise 3d n2 plus look forward to watching my prints go right from the comfort of my own arm chair

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

I am from New York City

I run a prototyping company and have adopted 3d printing into a host of services I offer.
I currently have:
1 FormLabs 2
1 gCreate gMax 1.5 XT
2 Stacker 500 desktop version
10 Makerbot Replicator 2’s

Currently looking to hookup the makerbot farm to Astroprint.

I am testing one machine and I already have a feature wish list. LOL

-John
Founder The Micro Factory
New York NY
themicrofactory.com

1 Like

@The_Micro_Factory:

Welcome John! :slight_smile:

Would love to hear your feature wish list :slight_smile:

Hi, my name is Brandon, and I’m with a 3d Printing company out of West Palm Beach, Florida – Halo Technologies. Most of our team is from right here in South Florida as well. We’re interested in 3D Printing for several reasons, but the main one is see the technology be applied in situations where normal manufacturing solutions don’t work as well as bring down the cost in such situations.

While we do print the trinkets and fun toys, our main goal and focus is to help shape and develop the 3D community and industry, especially in regards to manufacturing and prototyping while helping our clients. You can learn more about who we are at our website.

Right now we run a few printers:

• Lulzbot TAZ 5
  • Lulzbot TAZ 4
  • Lulzbot Mini
  • Makerbot Replicator 2
  • Erector Bot (coming soon and we’re excited!)

Thanks for welcoming me to the 3D printing community!

-Brandon Esparza
Halo Technologies, LLC

1 Like

Welcome @Brandon :slight_smile: !

Hi all :slight_smile:

My name is Steve and i’m from the Sunshine Coast in QLD Australia.

I currently own a heavily modded CTC printer flashed with Sailfish 7.6 and i’m also currently building a diy Kossel Mini Delta which i intend to also run Astroprint on. I got into 3D Printing because i love electronics however i am very mechanically minded and am definitely not frightened of getting hands on with anything. Whilst i’m currently building a mini Delta i intend one day when we move to a larger home to build a bigger one, that will run 3mm filament most of the time :wink:

The improvement i would like to see with Astroprint is better integration with sailfish printers, i feel the slicer could do with some tweaking and i would like access to be able to turn the fan off and on when uploading my own presliced X3g files and during prints via the software instead of having to use my printer menu. Most of the slicers that e have available for X3g format printers are very lacking and i feel this is a massive hole that Astroprint can fill for the community eventually. Basically if we had the same menus and options available as with the reprap printers then i think that would be a fantastic thing for many owners.

1 Like

Welcome from Down Under @Stephen_Ozoux! :blush:

Thanks again for the feedback mate!

Hello, my name is Pier and I come from Italy.
I love 3D printing, I have a Bq Witbox2 and I like to use Raspberry Pi.
I like Astrobox because with rpi3 remote control with my tablet or smartphone.
For me you are the best choice!

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @Pier! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello,

really nice to meet you and be on that forum.

I come from Paris, France.
I am interested in 3d printing and sell printers.
I am using a replicator 2 myself.

Thanks!

1 Like

Welcome @Yoann_NACCACHE! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello my name is Sam from Thailand!

I’m interested in 3D printing because I have always been interested in tinkering objects. I also graduate as an industrial designer so 3D printing is one of my main tools used to create mockups and prototypes of the designs I make. I’m also currently working as a product designer here in Bangkok designing lifestyle products, and again 3D printer plays an important role here - as well as Astroprint, letting me monitor my prints when I’m away.

I use a Mankati Fullscale XT Plus which gives me a great print volume with a decent quality.

I would love to see more flexibility in using Astroprint cloud slicer. Basic tools such as rotation would be a nice addition!

I appreciate the great work you guys have done to improve our 3D printing experience!

2 Likes

Already working on a solution for this :slight_smile: Stay tuned.

Welcome @Dhanakorn_Ocharoench! :blush:

1 Like

Hello all,

My name is Sandro and I am from Croatia.
I currently own Velleman K8200 and I just love printing.
Including RPi seems like a logical step forward.
Altough I am having issues with setting up Astroprint with RPi3 I hope to make it working soon

1 Like

@Aleksandar_Ceranic: Welcome! Glad to have you here!

Try this guide for setting up your Raspberry Pi 3 :slight_smile:

Hi everybody, I’m Pietro and I live in Italy (Palermo - Sicily). I’have a geeetech IPrusa Acrylic ProB. Thanks and ciao

1 Like

Welcome Pietro! Pleasure to have you here! :slight_smile:

Good printer too!