[INTRODUCE YOURSELF] - Welcome to AstroPrint!

Hi, I’m Ty and I teach STEM in Dalton, GA. We use the New Matter Mod-t printers for our projects.

I found out about AstroPrint when New Matter closed. Until now we had very few problems with our prints but now we’re lucky to have a few print correctly. Joined this forum to hopefully figure out how to fix these issues.

Thanks!

Welcome @Richard_Turnock & @Ty_Miller to the forums! :slight_smile:

Pleasure to have ya’ll here!

Hi, Geoff here from South Gippsland, Victoria, Australia

I have Coccoon Create from Aldi (Re-branded Wanhao Duplicatoe i3 Plus)

I got into 3D printing because I love tinkering and My wife is into minatures (Doll Houses) and spends a fortune on minature furniture, I told her with a 3D printer I could make her furniture for her… Well, I thought it was a good excuse anyway.

I just started using Astroprint on my raspberry Pi networked to my printer and so far it has worked flawlessly…

I use Astroprint on my desktop as well.

I tried other programs before Astroprint, but like how Astroprint works.

Geoff

1 Like

Hey!

Welcome @Geoff_Brown :slight_smile:

Pleasure to have you here!

Interesting hobby too! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey y’all!!

I am from Florence, Kentucky. I began 3d printing as just something to tinker with and make gadgets/toys for my kids. It began as a joke with my brother and I to swap printed gifts :stuck_out_tongue: I currently have (1) one Creality Ender 3X and once I have more space, would like to expand with more printers. I find myself not printing some objects in the event I want to print something else instead haha. I first found out about AstroPrint when I was trying to setup remote access for OctoPi, and found this to be much simpler to manage/setup.

An improvement that I think would benefit most, would be the ability to import slicer profiles in!

PS: Yes we really say Y’all

Greetings,

Like most I started messing with 3D printing due to COVID isolation and in the past few months I’ve upgraded my first printer and purchased an additional.

I’m going to use my smaller printer for personal tinkering stuff but I’m ready to commission the larger printer to help folks that want or need things printed.

Cheers

1. Denver CO (But Originally Sydney Australia)
  2. I am into technology and have some creative hobbies - Covid certainly got me looking for a new hobby I can enjoy at home.
  3. Creality x 2 (Ender 3 pro, Ender 5 Plus)
  4. Researching Octoprint addons

I submitted a RFE on this earlier but some extra Cancel Reasons breakdown for the reporting side would be awesome. Some can be auto detected and also having a option to set manual ones in print history.

North Eastern & East Central, Iowa, USA

I’ve been a “maker” all my life, this is just a different medium!

Monoprice MINI v.1 (dead), Ender 3 Pro (many upgrades including 4.2.7 board) Ender 3 v.2 (starting to upgrade from 4.2.2 - 4.2.7 board soon)

ala. OctoPrint/OctoPie.

I’ve been using it for about 3 weeks & believe I’ve already posted an “undocumented feature”

Hello everyone! I am working for a 3D printing materials supplier and am pleased to join this forum. I am just a beginner in 3D printing but I am eager to learn relevant knowledge in my work, such as filaments pla and abs, or petg. It’s pretty hard for me at the beginning! Nowadays I have an idea, which is to make something like sculpture. Perhaps I can use marble pla filament to reach that. I hope to personally create what I want and like in the future.
If anyone is interested in our company, you can also check it out.