Looking for Advice on Using AstroPrint on Ender 3 Pro to Maximise Print Quality

Hello Everyone :hugs:,

I only recently started using AstroPrint with my Ender 3 Pro, so I’m quite new to 3D printing. I’m pretty delighted with how simple it is to use and how handy it is to control prints from a distance thus far. But I’ve been having trouble regularly producing prints of a decent calibre, so I’m hoping more seasoned users will offer some guidance.

A few details concerning my setup are as follows:

• Ender 3 Pro printer
  • 1.75mm PLA filament
  • Software for slicing: AstroPrint Cloud Slicer
  • Connectivity: Raspberry Pi 4 running AstroBox I want to troubleshoot a couple print quality issues I’ve been having.

Blobs and Stringing: I’m running into sporadic blobs and stringing in between the model’s components. Although I’ve tried modifying the retraction settings, it appears like there’s still potential for enhancement. Are there any recommendations for the best PLA retraction settings? :thinking:

Layer Shifts: There are a few minor layer shifts in my prints. Is there a chance that this has to do with the AstroPrint slicer settings, or might there be a hardware problem? :thinking: If you’ve encountered anything comparable, please let me know how you handled it.

Temperature Settings: I have my PLA printed at about 200°C, with a 60°C bed. Are these temps OK for using AstroPrint for slicing, in your opinion? :thinking:

I look forward to hearing from you with suggestions on how to improve my setup. I would be very grateful for any advice on which AstroPrint settings I should pay particular attention to, as well as any other google cloud platform tools or plugins that can help optimise the process.

Thank you in advance for your help and support.