Lulzbot Taz 3 connection to printer issues

Here’s my setup:

Lulzbot Taz 3
Firmware: 2014Q2
(I’m unsure if this means I’m running 3.0 or 3.1 Help?)

Astrobox running on a Raspberry Pi Zero

1. connected to my wifi
  2. registered to my Astroprint.com account
  3. getting video feed from the RPi Zero camera
  4. using a usb micro > usb 2.0 female to connect to the Lulzbot Taz 3 printer

The printer has been working great. Just can’t seem to get it connected to my Astrobox.

Can anyone help?

When I switch baud rates, the screen on the Taz 3 restarts and the LCD states, “Taz Ready”.

I’m optimistic that everything is connected correctly. I’ve swapped the USB cables to ensure there isn’t anything wonky going on with the USB cable.

Would love your thoughts.

Many thanks all,
~CDM

Hard to find info about Taz 3 but to chceck cable, try to connect it to PC and use cura to print something. If it works it means that raspberry pi should also works with this cable. Other thing is that in Taz 3 manuall they are pointing that default serial speed is 115200. Try to use this one. And it could be also a problem with pi zero, I have astrobox touch on raspberry pi 2 without connection problem, and one pi zero and sometimes I have trouble to connect - takes more time to establish connection.

1 Like

Thanks for such a fast response Wojtek!

I restarted the raspberry pi zero this AM and now it’s connected. That being said, now the extruder nozzle won’t warm up so I’m worried I fried a fuse or something…either way, I believe Astroprint is working reliably. Just got to get the Lulzbot working reliably.

Thanks again!
~CDM