[POLL] - What kind of 3D Printing apps & Integrations would you like to see on AstroPrint?

A plugin for Onshape would be great, so I dont have to download each STL file after modeling it

2 Likes

S3D integration is actually already there. S3D has a post process command that after slicing will call any command you want and pass it the gcode filename. Currently my post process command is scp to copy the file to the uploads directory on my pi, then I use my touch screen to brown the local files and print. Super nice!

This could be easily replaced with an custom app instead of scp that would connect to the API and kick off the print.

1 Like

Astroprint touch:
screen compatability with PiTFT - Assembled 480x320 3.5" TFT+Touchscreen for Raspberry Pi

Astroprint:
Photo and video streaming to URL (not requiring login)
Multi camera angle support
standalone pre heat automation

Sti file easy slice functions
flip , rotate

1 Like

I second @BjoernK 's idea of sharing printers. We have many employees who would like to connect to the same machines. Maybe this is possible already through the professional versions?

Other ideas:

1. Easy connection on corporate wifi systems
  2. Instead of Raspberry Pis, could we use old android / iPhones to run these desktop 3D printers?

I’ll keep thinking of more as I go.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I have a few ideas would be nice to see:

1. filament runout sensor support

2. customisable command buttons (be able to set for example reset bltouch command using code etc… at touch of a button or move to specific preset coordinates etc… .)

3. backward compatibility with octoprint plugins

4. extra cancel button with option to keep heaters on when print is cancelled so you arent waiting for a reheat if a print fails and you have to clear the bed for a restart.

5. email to say print has finished takes photo from attached camera so you can see the finished result immediately if away from home

1 Like

IDEA:

• Printer Groups

USE CASE:

• Printer location (we have multiple spaces in our office with printers)
  • Printer Setup (we have different printers setup for different prints)
  • As we add more and more printers to Astroprint it would make it easier to manage.

IDEA:

• On monitor page for printer have the last file printed with a print again option
    USE CASE:
  • When printing multiples of the same object with same settings it would be quicker to just click print again on the monitor page than adding them to the queues.

OR

IDEA:

• On monitor page have print next file in queue

I’d like to see an integration with Palette 2 and Canvas Hub.
At present there is no integration, but it should be feasible.

Is this API still in development? if yes i would love to help testing and developing stuff.

1 Like

I would like to add support for power managment of my printer, not via GPIO but via wifi using a Sonoff wifi remote socket something like that

It’s true that a 2 pro S palette integration would be really perfect :slight_smile:

Yes, for onshape integration
I would love to slice my objetcs from onshape … without the boring phase of exporting them from onshape, to upload them on astro.