[SOLVED] Dagoma discoeasy 200 support

Hello,
My printer dagoma discoeasy 200 do not apear to be compatible with Astroprint,
It is based on a Marlin firmware and i hoped it works anyway.
i’m using RPi 2 connected via USB sometimes printer is detected sometimes not.
When detected i can move the printer header X,Y,Z, grow up temperature etc… everything fine.
But when i start a printing session temperature grow up an after nothing.
il try to change USB cable, Rpi power supply etc… but nothing change too.
After activating serial debug the only bad message is “Read communication timeout during printing, listen again”.
I tried to change timeout value in config.yaml, but no difference.
I’m sure i’m not to be very far to have my printer working :slight_smile:

Can somebody help me to finish to debug because now i’m at the maximum of my competency.

Regards,

JDSR

I visited the website that sells that printer…my French is not great…ok nonexistent, but from the descriptions there and what you said it seems like it should work. My suggestion would be reduce usb speeds…and use an even multiple of standard serial speeds…(linux supposedly likes that better and Astrobox is linux based). I have found on my printer, with a good cable, 115200 works best…maybe even try 57600. You will have to configure this at the printer or in the printer firmware.

There was a post floating around where I recall someone having a similar issue where speeds were 2x or 1/2x the speed he thought he had set…but I think that was due to some oddity of his printer board so likely not your problem.

Good Luck

I tried to change the serial speed but printer accept to move only with 250000 but i think this is a firmware problem, i try to use the printer on my windows pc, and the problem is the same with cura.
In cura configfiles a value “gcode_flavor” = marlin, and in the cudo version for the printer the value in the configfile is =DiscoGCode.
I think this is a “custom firmware” from Dagoma where some values are derived.
I opened a support case on dagoma webiste.

Wait & see :slight_smile:

Problem resolved, it was a firmware bug, dagoma modify command answer “ok” by “OK” (uppercase) that’s why the printer stop to respond when initializing.

1 Like