Stop extruding Replicator 2

Hello,

AstroPrint is great. Thanks again for it.
I am using a replicator 2 with webcam.
Then, i am using x3g for my printer like it make sense. (please let me know if i need to do something else)

However, extruding always stop from the nozzle with cliking noise in the beginning of the print of the object.
I print with raft, and there are absolutely no issue to print the raft. The problem happens just after when printing the first layers.
I thought it came from the printer, so i used makerbot software to slice the same file and use the sd card.
I have no issue at all.

I tried to change the slicer settings everywhere without success.
Do you have any suggestion about it? Maybe there are something i have to change in the slicer settings.

Please, help me.

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Hmm. Interesting.

Have you tried having a skirt & brim to prime the nozzle (and potentially fix the clicking noise etc…) before your print starts?

That’s the first potential solution I can think of…

Thanks for your answear.

I did some try again.
I slowed down a lot print speed.
I desactivated enable combing.
I put 2mm for retraction amount insteaf of 4.5.
I put 25mm/s for retraction speed instead of 40.
I still use a raft.

Seems to work for the moment. Keep doing some prints to check.

I will try what you ask as well.

What do you think about my ideas?

If it works, it’s all good :smile: – In addition, you can try cleaning your nozzle to make sure it’s not clogged.

unfortunately, i said victory too quick…
it’s still not working…
I don’t understand why it stop extruding during print…
I change files, same story.
Still investigating
any ideas?

i will try to export the x3g to astroprint in local and check instead of slicing it with astro (cura)

what is filament flow? i think it might coming from there but not sure.
The filament diameter is 1.75 and i put the same on Cura. Did i do a mistake?

just for info, the clicking noise happened during the print and not before printing…

It was a misunderstood on my previous post.

When i print an stl file for 1 hour, it happen at 20% approximatively.
Like it’s not extruding enough, i have no ideas…

any suggestions?

Clicking is usually the extruder drive skipping. So too much filament too fast.
You could try reducing flow rate or increase the indicated filament diameter, or add 5-10 degrees to the extruder temp. Also check the nozzle for clogs…dirty or bad filament?

I would also try downloading the print file and seeing if you see any issue…I usually use slicer to view them or an online code viewer…not sure about x3g…I have on occasion had the cloud slicer mess up on certain STL files and not report an error.

One more thing…if you have a print cooling fan…if it comes on does it drop the nozzle temp? I battled this one for a while…if the temp drops some firmware stops the print…or sometimes it doesn’t drop below the firmware threshold but drops enough to jam the extruder. Try printing with cooling disabled…It may look ugly but finish…if so then a tweak to the cooling options might be the fix. How coming works varies from slicer to slicer so it takes a bit of adjustment to get right with every filament type.

1 Like

Hello Darren, thanks again for your help.

It looks like you were right. I changed filament diameter (1.80 instead of 1.75mm) and reduced the flow rate to 90%.

Since i did it, it seems to work.

1 Like