Support for Anycubic i3 Mega (s)

Hi everyone,

here in Germany (and I think in US too) the Anycubic i3 is real popular - it’s nearly full assembled (only 8 screws!) and it works out of the Box. I have integrated as a custom printer, but everytime i print i get the message that this is maybe a custom printer slice etc. than I got a

fail message and after several time it start.

Can you please support the i3 Mega please!!

2 Likes

This isn’t a problem with the printer at all. The problem is likely your AstroBox’s network connection.

Thank you Daniel, this is mysterious because my box is near the access point (about 1 meter without walls).

Anyway can you add the Anycubik i3 mega? Thanks

Hi,

Any news about Supporting I3 Mega? Thank you

Any news @Daniel? Can you please add Anycubik i3 Mega to the printers?

Anycubic I3 Mega still isn’t included in printers -

Yes - iam feeling ignored :sleepy: it’s one of the best selling printers on Amazon i don’t understand why :-/

Simply because we don’t have one, the manufacturer is not involved with us. Because of this we have no way to create a profile that can be successfully verified.

Can i help you? We have a hudge Community here just Tell me what u Need

At a minimum we would need the values of the printer profile including start/stop gcode that works for you.

After that If can get advanced slicer settings for the 3 supported qualities for your favorite slicer, it would be even better

Cura 3 has the best settings for the i3 Mega - can you export and import there is a start und end gcode to

Hi Daniel,

The i3 Mega is listed here https://www.astroprint.com/compatible-3d-printers so maybe the data is available to you. If not, can you send us a complete list of what is needed?

Orin

1 Like

No, that list only list printers that can communicate with our controller and are compatible. It doesn’t mean we have a slicing profile for them. As a user, you can create your own custom profile.

Typically we work with the manufacturer to create these profiles in the system but we don’t have a relationship with Anycubic. We would need all the data that our system asks when creating a custom printer profile.

@Paul2 du bist warscheinlich deutsch kannst du mir deine Print Profile einstellungen für den i3 mega schicken?
Lg Hannes

Leider kann man die Slicer Settings nicht exportieren :confused: aber zumindest die Settings kann ich dir senden

Printer Settings

• Build Shape: Rectangular
  • Build Size: 210 x 210 x 205 mm
  • Bed Center is Zero: NO
  • Heated Bed: YES
  • Print File Format: GCODE
  • Slicing engine: Slic3r PE 1.4
  • GCode Flavor: RepRap (Marlin/Sprinter/Repetier)
  • No. of extruders: 1
    • T0 - extruder 0

Nozzle Diameter: 0.4 mm

Filament Diameter: 2.85 mm

Start
G21 ;metric values

G90 ;absolute positioning

M82 ;set extruder to absolute mode

M107 ;start with the fan off

G28 ; Home the axis I hope

G1 Z15.0 F3600 ;move the head up 15

G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length

G1 F200 E3 ;extrude 3mm

G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length again

G1 F3600

End

M104 S0 ;extruder heater off

M140 S0 ;heated bed heater off

M107 ;fan off

G90

G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length

G1 E-1 F300 ;retract the filament a bit

G91 ;relative positioning

G1 Z10 ;Move up Z 10mm

G90 ;back to absolute mode

G1 Y200 F5000 ;Move bed forward

M84 ;steppers off

M300 P300 S4000

I think it´s best to speak two languages here, so I´ll first write in English, then in German.

Hey Paul- thank you VEEEERY MUCH!!! for the information about the settings for my Anycubic i3.
It all works out fine.

My first print was a scramble, but only because I did not set the support options myself.
The Details of the figure were nice where unscrambled.

Hey Paul.

Danke, Alter!!!

Das haut richtig gut hin mit den Einstellungen, die Du hier rein geschrieben hast.
Zwar ist mein erster Druck damit ne Katastrophe geworden. Aber nur, weil man hier halt die Supports zwingend selbst einstellen muss und nicht, wie bei Cura, einfach nur den Haken bei Supports setzt und fertig. Kannst aber dafür ein Profil anlegen.

Jetzt druckt er grade das zweite Modell.

Diese Einstellungen sind schwer zu finden. Danke noch mal.

@ Support:
The i3 Mega and the Photon are extremely good for their low price.
I ask you to at least highlight these hard to find settings if you are not capable of simply asking Anycubic yourself.
Otherwise your marvellous platform is not up to date :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

thank you for the wonderful AstroPrint system.
I’m sad to see the Anycubic I3 Mega (-S) printer is still unsupported.
I use the AstroPrint plugin on octoprint system.

What do you advise me to do here?

Thanks, Tomas

1 Like

This is an optional selector. You don’t need to select any model. If your model isn’t there at the moment, simply leave it empty

1 Like

Thanks! Is it possible to get listed here?

Hi Daniel, can i help? Maybe i can contact Anycubik - u see there is a huge community for the I3 Mega :slight_smile: please tell me what you need i will help you with everything i have!