Timeline for update to Cura 4 engine?

The current Cura 3.6.0 slicer engine in the cloud software is awesome, but it is missing some features from the more modern Cura versions. Since Cura is now up to 4.7.1, is there any plan or timeline for updating the cloud software to the updated Cura 4 engine?

It would also be great to get access to some of the plugins, to enable settings like Z-offset.

3 Likes

HI @Josh_Sylvester, We usually update slicers about once a year. It’s a considerable effort to bring a new slicer online and create all the settings forms required. We will likely update to Cura 4 sometime in the first half of next year.

3 Likes

Thanks for your answer Daniel.
I’m beginner with AstroPrint, but not in 3D printing.

I tweaked cura 3 profile to match my cura 4 standalone profile, but with bad results compared to Cura 4. Not sure if my issues are from AstroPrint or cura3.

It’s a shame since AstroPrint solution is perfect for my use case: I’m trying to have a full iPad workflow using Shapr3D and AstroPrint… a perfect match !

Is there any update in when Cura 4 will be available to use? Currently the desktop app is on 4.10 and the 3.6 that has been on Astroprint now for a long while is greatly outdated and in desperate need of an update for those that would like a full cloud based 3D printing experience. Thanks!

1 Like

I have emailed twice about this without any replies.
Did you stop supporting the platform?
How can I be sure to be up to date with your solution while I can not get any replies for version questions?

We didn’t stop supporting the platform. However at the moment we don’t have a date for updating our online slicers. We’re focused on other priorities.

Seems the merger has taken priority. Should we expect the free version now to be no longer a priority and will fall by the wayside?

I was looking to move a batch of printers over to this for ease and sharing access between people - but the current version of Cura worries me.
What other priorities do you have other than up to data slicing… with cloud slicing being your selling point?
Any timelines appreciated.