Tuning Slicer Settings

I can’t seem to get a good print with Astroprint, and I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. Is there a guide on how to tweak your slicer settings to avoid getting stringy first layers, and melted blobby corners?

This is PLA on a Flashforge Creator Pro, BTW.

@Eddie_Parker:

Check this out :wink:

It is also possible that your Z-axis needs to be calibrated.

If you are using CURA engine, it might take some experimentation untill you figure out your most optimal settings.

There’s also a slight chance that your nozzle needs cleaning OR your temperature is too hot.

If you could post the design you are trying to print along with a screenshot of your CURA settings, I can try printing it on our Flashforge Creator Pro and give you feedback as well :slightly_smiling_face:

Let me know.

Hey dilanka, and thanks!

So I re levelled my bed and things seem to be better. I’ve tried slicing on ‘best’ settings, but it’s still not great.

I’d be curious how youd : http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1363023

Here’s the settings I used. I’ll upload a picture of how the most recent print turned out when I find my phone… :slight_smile:

Cool. I’m going to test this out for you on Monday. (Today is Saturday and I won’t see the printer until then).

Meanwhile, ignore the BEST setting and try to print it in NORMAL quality. The former sometimes slows the speed down unnecessarily without an increase in print quality.

Thanks! :wink:

Thanks dilanka. I’m going to read up on the link you’ve sent out, and retry with ‘normal’ quality. I’ve also reprinted after having relevelled, and here are the photos of how it turned out. Still not super happy with how the edges on the curved shape turned out, and the bridging didn’t work very well at all. The layers also don’t seem too uniformly adhered either, so pointers would be appreciated.

Have a good weekend!

(Only lets me put one image per post… so several posts done really slowly here I come)

Printed it with these settings…

Let me know if you cannot read my screenshot, I can upload a better one. Also, I chose the BEST setting in CURA then increased the print speed, heated up the bed, decreased the infill to 25% and did a few skirts to prime the nozzle

This is how it turned out…

What do you think?

P.S: The green filament makes it a bit harder to see the details. Your white filament is a much better choice. This is all PLA :wink: