This post is a simple solution to run Astro Print on Pi Zero W. No Raspberry Pi 3 needed. This solution requires 1) a Micro HDMI to HDMI adopter; 2) Monitor or TV with HDMI cable; 3) Micro USB to USB adopter; 4) USB keyboard.
Special thanks to Darren, Daniel and Alex's original posts! And special thanks to all helpful tips responded by community members!
- Flash the firmware into a sd card;
- Put the sd card into Pi zero W, connect the monitor or TV and the keyboard to your Pi Zero Pi;
- Connect the power port, and wait for the Pi Zero W to boot up;
- Once it boots up, login in using: username: Pi, and password: raspberry;
sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
6.1. Ctrl+ X, hit Y and Enter to save;
sudo nano /etc/astrobox/config.yaml
- Ctrl+ X, hit Y and Enter to save;
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
Now you should be able to connect to your AstroPrint by entering your AstroBox IP address. Follow the steps and you should good to go!
Good luck and have fun!