Wanhao i3 duplicator v2.1

I am unable to get my printer, Wanhao duplicator i3 v2.1 to connect to astroprint. It connects perfectly fine to simplify 3d and cura but during setup if I click connect it just says connecting for a while.
Using the same cable so I know the cable works.
Any suggestions IV read on other topics that the auto startup jumper may need to be removed. But I don’t want to do that as I shouldn’t need to it’s worked with simplify 3d and cura without any problems.
Any other suggestions? Would rather avoid touching the controller board especially when they are so expensive.

Might try a different cable and will let you know how it goes but suggestions are still welcome.

We have that printer. It takes a while to connect but it does. Also use 115000 bauds

OK thanks I will do. Thanks for the help

1 Like

It worked thanks. It worked instantly after skipping printer setup on the initial setup pages.

1 Like

hello i have the same problem
am unable to get my printer, Wanhao duplicator i3 v2.1 to connect to astroprint. It connects perfectly fine to simplify 3d and cura but during setup if I click connect it just says connecting for a while.
i changed 3 usb cables
i changed the bound rate 115000 and i try 250000 but the same problem
i changed the rapberry pi but the same problem
could you tell me the correct way about connecting ?

many thanks

We have one here. It connects using 115200. It does take a little while. The printer reboots itself during that time.